In 1978 a small group of Settlers Landing residents had a vision. They invested their own money with the belief that they could create a community pool and recreation area for the local residents. This vision resulted in the wonderful pool that has provided decades of family-friendly fun.
Throughout the past 28 years, the pool has experienced times of great prosperity and years where it’s basic survival depended on generous donations from committed members.
In recent years, several competing pools have opened within a five mile radius, and the Settlers Landing pool has suffered trying to meet the minimum membership required to keep the pool operational.
It is now our time to help save the pool. The same grassroots energy and dedication demonstrated by the members in 1978 must return in order to maintain the “best kept secret in Chesterfield County”.
The pool brings tremendous value to the Settlers Landing community and neighboring communities.
The Settlers Landing Pool:
- Adds financial value to the community and increases resale value of our homes.
- Provides a safe, fun place for neighbors to meet and socialize.
- Offers a competitive swim team for children 5 and up.
- Fosters fitness through its Masters Swim clinic and child/adult swim lessons.
- Provides a quiet, safe and peaceful environment that CANNOT be found at the local water parks.
How Can I Help?
You can help secure the future of the pool by purchasing a personalized brick which will serve as a permanent mark of your support of the Settlers Landing pool. There are two size bricks available at three different donation levels:
- 4X8 – $75 Donation
Personalize with up to 3 lines of text – 18 characters per line.
- 8X8 – $250 Donation
Personalize with up to 6 lines of text – 18 characters per line.
- $500 Corp. Donation
Receives 8X8 brick and printed banner
displayed at the pool.
How Will it be Used?
All proceeds from the sale of the personalized bricks will help restore the pool to its prior glory.
- Extending the pool deck to accommodate more seating.
- New roof on the snack shack.
- New seats/lounge chairs.
- Renovation of the snack shack.
- Shade for the baby pool.
- And much more…